31 March 2009

Stay-Home Dad... no more

Tomorrow, May & I will be switching roles again - she'll be at home full-time with Vera while I'll be back as 'working-dad'. Hope we all can settle-in well & fast with this.

I must really thank my kind & extremely understanding boss for granting me no-pay leave despite the current financial climate. Without which, I won't still be holding onto my job after 10+ months (24/7) of 'patience & endurance'-testing but rewarding experience with Vera. As we know, statistically, T18s' first year is the crucial 'deciding' year. I'm grateful that I was able to spend plenty of time with Vera & glad that we've made it this far.

Been telling Vera for the past 3 days that she won't be seeing much of dad (in the weekdays, daytime) but she didn't seem to respond at all until today..... she suddenly started smiling for a minute long. A big smile which I haven't seen for sometime since the op. As always, I only managed to catch the 'subsiding' one by the time I found the camera.

Maybe is her way of assuring me that she will be just fine (if not, even happier since she'll be hearing more of mum's singing) with this minor change in arrangement.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ian and May,

A great smile from Vera, She has given u'll confidence by showing u a great smile. Dun worry, everything will be settle down well and fast.

Adeline

Kathy said...

Life is a journey and you are LIVING it! So very glad that Vera is doing so well and pray that you are very encouraged by all the improvements you see.
God Bless!
Kathy

Aunt Jacq said...

That wonderful smile just assures that all will be well.

She's looking gorgeous..... just saving her great smiles for that right moment.

She is so blessed to have both of you loving her, caring for her... patiently encouranging her... singing and entertaining her.... not giving up hope on her... All the efforts you both have sacrificed shows in every warm smile of Vera's.

Keep it going!!!

Annie said...

All the best to you going back to work, Ian.

It'll be a breeze after the past year. Looking forward to hearing more about our transition and May's and of course, continuing developments of sweet Vera.

Barb
Annie's mom

Uncle Nick said...

One dad of a daughter with challenging needs to another, I salute you Ian.
Your sacrifice, dedication and tender loving care for Little Vera is awesome.
You're the man! I'm so proud to have you in our family.