21 March 2009

Discharged From Hospital

Just a quick update.

Little Vera has been discharged on Wednesday afternoon! My sincere thanks to all the prayers for her.

Sorry for the late news as we've been busy settling Vera back home after her 8-days of absence. In addition, May has been down with fever/cough since the morning of Vera's discharge. Don't think she's in the mood to write but I feel that we should still keep our friends, especially those overseas, posted on Vera.

For those who have been following our blog, you would notice that this my first post. Been wanting to contribute a bit but never really get myself to do so till now. After all, May is the one better with words & she has been doing a great job blogging.

I sure May would write more later about the hospital stay but, for now, here are some photos I took with my cellphone while camping over with Vera:

A few days after transferring out of ICU. With bandages still on. She was in better mood in the days, eyes wide-opened looking around.

Gave her some oxygen by the mask as her saturations were low in the nights.
This little girl slept late most of the 'nightouts'. This was taken at 2am! Maybe she has been taking more naps in the day, or it's the environment, or she just can't simply fall asleep by herself. I usually need to rock her to sleep at home but don't think it's a good idea after op.


Vera's new look!
I was home for an afternoon nap but my sis, who was there to witness it, says that the brave girl was calm during the removal of stitches on her lateral cleft 6 days after op.

11 comments:

connie said...

These are GREAT pictures from a cell phone! Glad you are all back home, where Mommy and Daddy can decide on their own when to hold, when pain meds are needed, etc. I hope the rest of recovery is easy on Vera.

Cathy said...

Ian you did a great post and thanks so much for the update. We worry so much when we don't hear especially since she was in the hospital. Tell May that we hope she gets better very quickly. Give sweet Vera some good hugs from Annabel.

Annie said...

Ian it is so nice to "hear" from you. I love those pictures. I think that you are one of the greatest dads ever.

I am so glad this worry is over for your family. Now, on with the fun back home!!

Hope May is better soon.

Barb

Mummy Pauline said...

Ian, that's good news & Vera is so fortunate to have you & May.

Hope Vera & May will recover soon.

Kelly said...

so great to hear that vera is back home with her mommy and daddy. i'm sure that the lil' princess is happy to be back! love seeing the pix of her looking like she's feeling better.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How great that Vera is home already! I hope that she continues to heal and recover quickly.

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Hilary said...

Yeah!!! Vera you are such a trooper!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

siongge said...

I can see u r a popular man Ian! I know it is no joke camping overdays and overnights in HD. With a leader and head of the household like you, no boat can be rock! Rebekah.

Ian said...

Thanks for all the kind & encouraging words!