04 September 2008

It Takes a Man

When you see someone every day, it's easy to take the person for granted. But at the end of the day, I always remind myself how lucky I am to have Ian caring for Vera in these early months.

You should see him...how he cajoles her no matter how exhausted he is; how he carries her, no matter how his back is aching; how he stays with her, no matter many hours she's been crying. How he handles the difficult feeds singlehandedly without letting frustration get to him. It's Patience with a capital P.

In contrast, I pass Vera on when my back is aching, when I get tired, when she's cried way too much. So much for the woman being the best for the job, right?

All I can say is that I'm really really fortunate. I've got the right man.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am so happy that you found the right man. He sounds wonderful. Does he have a twin??? Haha!

Anonymous said...

vera has progress so well under both of your care and love for her. but do take care of yourselves too, k?