04 May 2009

Ms Smiley

When Vera smiles, I forget all the issues that she is faced with. And smile she does without fail when you push the right buttons. She loves Daddy blowing by her cheeks, and standing her up. She smiles when she's tickled, when you clap your hands, when you pat her cheeks, when you dry her hair after a bath, when you massage her thighs. When she was born, I was prepared that the mental disability that came with T18 meant that I might have a baby that would not know how to smile. I am so, so glad that that is not the case. Because a smile from a baby can do wonders - at least for me, it makes all the babywork easier to bear!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

What an amazingly beautiful smile. You can just feel her happiness through the screen. Thank you for sharing her again with us!

Brenda said...

Yes, I agree...what a beautiful and heart-warming smile....God Bless.

Kelly said...

baby smiles are priceless! she looks so happy with her daddy. and what a cheeky little expression she has in the next pic ;)