21 July 2008

My Weakness

...is my tiredness.

Months of waking up in the middle of the night have finally reached burnout point.

Initially, it was still manageable. I could do it, wake up and sleep on demand.

As the weeks go by, it's getting harder and harder. Tiredness sets in earlier and for longer.

I get ugly when I'm tired. I get cranky, grouchy, my body shuts down. I don't feel like picking a crying baby up.

Ian picks up when I drop the ball. And it's a lot of the time now. So he gets really...you guessed it, Tired.

Life now is just one big Rush.

Rush to work. Rush to finish work. Rush home from work. Rush to finish dinner. Rush to bathe. Rush to feed Vera. Rush to prepare milk.

Just so that I can work in enough sleep to wake up in the middle of the night not feeling like a zombie.

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, I may not know you. But reading this post, just feels like giving you a big hug and a pat on the back ...
There'll be light at the end of the tunnel, don't worry ya ... you're a great mother