14 August 2008

Finding My Voice

Another little miracle has happened since Vera came into my life: I've found my voice again.

No, not the one you hear, but the Inner Voice that runs through your head like a continuous stream of consciousness.

I used to have it with me. But with the pre-occupation of working life, it somehow disappeared. The irony was, I was a copywriter, a crafter of words, yet I had no words running through me. I tried to egg my thoughts onto paper, but failed always.

Now, the words flow like water. Almost as if the floodgates in my brain have been opened. Even my copywriting comes much more naturally and insightfully now. (Yes, Vera's helped me improve in my work!)

Perhaps this is the gift she's given me. The gift of finding my self.

2 comments:

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Thank you for the advice on Annabel's blog. I will definetly begin to try these things. I love the picture of Vera. She is beautiful. I am glad that Vera has inspired you to find that voice(writing) again.