04 April 2010

Vera Meets Daen

Here's the pix everyone's been waiting for: a little belated, but oh well.

Not much reaction from Vera to her little brother's presence, or to his angry cries. She seems too contented in her own world to bother.

I may be home but the last week has been so crazy I hardly had time to even look at Vera.

I miss her so much.

I have not been carrying her for the past 2 months (too heavy myself) and I was surprised to feel the difference in her size and weight.

Hey, when did her head get bigger? When did she get that double chin? When did her hands and legs become so tough? I had missed all of that.

Hopefully, I'll get back into the swing of things soon and start exercising her stronger limbs.

8 comments:

Cathy said...

What a great Easter surprise to wake up to. Vera and Daen, so sweet. Thank you May and praying for your strength to come back. Glad for right now, Vera is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Two words to describe this... beautiful and priceless!!!

Jamine

Serene Ho said...

Aaawww...this is such a precious and lovely photo!

Jacquie said...

Best friends in the making. Too Sweet!!!

Ping said...

I'm so happy for Vera!
So happy for you too! What a precious moment :)

vera O said...

Hi, stumbled upon your blog as I share the same name as your princess. Admire your love and perseverence. Hugs, Vera

Kathy said...

May! I am so excited for you, Ian and Vera! What a handsome baby boy you have!
Congratulations!

Just getting caught up on Vera's blog and so happy for you that not only did your son arrive safely but that you were able to have the birth you desired!!!

27 years ago I was able to have a VBAC using Lamaze techniques and find hypnobirthing very interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience. As you, and then Barb said, nothing in the world like reaching down and helping your baby into the world! Most amazing thing ever!!!

I, too, will pray for you during this time of adjustment, lack of sleep and hormones going awry. Ian is an amazing husband and father and I know the two of you will enjoy your beautiful babies.

It is funny how HUGE your older child looks to you when you come home with a newborn. Also, how wonderful is it that we have the capacity to love these little ones so intensely and totally!

Just had some major surgery and used that old Lamaze breathing again. At physical therapy I sometimes sound like I am giving birth! Ha! ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I think they look alike:)