03 February 2009

Mucus Medicine

Today I'm blogging about the medicine given to Vera for her mucus - Fluimucil. It's known to dislodge phlegm from the lungs and help get it expelled by reducing the viscosity. And boy, it's effective alright. Immediately after giving it to Vera, the green goo started to purge from her nostrils freely. This was not as apparent when we gave her Salbutamol. But I must admit it was a little too effective at first - and Vera couldn't cope very well with the copious amounts of dribble and kept choking. But you can hear that her breathing is much better now, so I'm certain there's less mucus in the airway now. Hopefully, the little girl will be back to normal soon...don't be fooled by her smile here, the nights are a dramatically different story!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

thank you May for the name of the medicine. I am going to ask about the med with our pedi. She is now on A Tuss DM Suspension. It clears up Mr. Mucous when she is taking it but only 1/2 the prescribed dose drugs her so much. I love the pictures,it makes you feel closer and just love seeing sweet Vera!

Yin May said...

Fluimucil doesn't make Vera drowsy. And it tastes like orange squash.

JoAnnA said...

Hi,

I gotten your blogsite from motherhood forum. It's really touching. I admit your family's spirit. All the best to Vera!



But I'm quite surprise that your doctor didn't detect that your cord only has one blood vessel. That's suppose be in the routine detailed scan. One of the first time my doctor did during the detailed scan was to check my baby's cord to make sure there is 3 vessel.

I'm experiencing some complications in my pregnancy. I'm 26 weeks now but having early contractions.
I have a blogsite too.
http://www.joanna-shawn.blogspot.com/
Hope you don't mind me adding your site to my blog

Yin May said...

Jo,

Well, detailed scans are usually done by the ultrasound dept - then the results interpreted by the doctor. I'm surprised too that it wasn't picked up at the 20th week scan. Then again, maybe it's God's way of keeping me in the dark so I don't have to worry for that many months! Anyway, now I take all scans with a pinch of salt. Many go for lots of scans to get reassurance. The truth is, a normal scan doesn't mean everything is normal!