06 March 2011

Mummy is Down

Vera came home 4 days ago, and I fell sick right after.

High fever and a throat that's so inflamed it's bleeding.

This is the second time I've fallen sick after a Vera-in-hospital episode. I guess being exposed to the germy environment plus a lowered immunity from lack of rest makes it inevitable.

There's a flu epidemic in Singapore now, and it shows no signs of abating. Once everyone is well, we're gonna get vaccinated. We just can't afford the strain on so many caregivers with another pneumonia bout like this.

6 comments:

Serene Ho said...

Our whole family just recovered too. But the cough still takes a while to clear. Just a note about flu vaccine. It's actually virus injected into our bodies to fight the strain of that particular virus. Jonathan had taken the vaccine before. But the last one taken 1 year ago made him really sick and he was throwing up. Thot you might want to know just in case. But then again, each body reacts differently. I've decided to stop this from then onwards. Wishing you speedy recovery. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Speedy recovery, awesome mommy!

Busy Mummy said...

May, a flu jab works for me but guess it differs person to person... Take care of yself ..

Susan Oloier said...

So sorry to hear you're sick, May. I hope you get better sooner than later, and everyone stays well.

Jorge and Carrie said...

Praying you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for a few months. I often read blogs of children with developmental disabilities because I have a special interest in communication/allowing more control over their environment for children with significant cognitive or communication difficulties. Children who are non-verbal still have so much to say. It is evident in the videos and pictures of Vera that she is a determined child who loves learning and has strong opinions on certain things. I'm glad she is out of the hospital. Hope you feel better soon.