13 March 2011

Better or not?


I'm better, but Vera is not.

Two weeks after coming home from hospital and we're still suctioning 3 hourly. We should be back to no suctioning days by now. We might have to get back to hospital and Xray to check if the infection is still in her lungs.

The strange thing is, Vera seems to have become more active after the pneumonia bout.

I thought she'd be weak and mostly stationary, but the girl is back to doing her turns as if she never had the episode.

We got her some AFOs (foot braces) and she's been happily working out in them as well.


This is the Vera I like. Not the one who has started to scream in anger during suctioning.

2 comments:

Serene Ho said...

Happy to see Vera up and about. Hope she recovers completely soon. Her AFO looks very different. Was it done at Tan Tock Seng Hospital?

Cathy said...

I am so glad to see a post from you. I have been so worried.I knew you were ill and I was becoming concerned. I am glad that you are better but wish the suctioning could decrease. Annabel is off her secretion meds due to many other reasons and now the secretions are mounting again. Praying that Vera will get better and ya'll will stay well.