11 January 2009

Breathing Issues

Could Vera be having obstructive sleep apnea?

This is her breathing pattern at night: 5 short breaths, followed by silence. Repeat again. Occasionally, 3 coughs, followed by a sneeze. There is a pattern here we know for sure. She's less alert in the day as well, I don't know if it's because she's working too hard at night at breathing.

I've read that it can worsen hypertension. Her latest readings were higher than before, I have a strange feeling they could be linked. Will we have to put her on a breathing machine to help her breathe at night? Does she have floppy airways? Questions, questions...

This cold is really worrying me. It's been nearly a month now since it started. Also, it's the cold season, although we don't have snow, it's chilly, more so since the weather changes became more pronounced over the years.

Vera seems to do alright in the day, upright, and struggles when lying down. I've given up sleeping, given the light sleeper that I am, because I just can't sleep with her noisy breathing. So here I am, being the night watch yet again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

poor little vera. sorry the lil sweetie is still struggling with all of that mucous. hopefully it will go away and you guys can get some sleep!

Issy Lim said...

Sorry to hear Vera isn't well... :( I hope my darling girl is getting well soon. Fingers crossed! Will pray for her tonight :)

Love the picture dadi holding Vera... so loving. She is sooo cutee.... (:

Love,
Belle