12 May 2015

Water Girl

It has been a long time since Vera had gone into the pool at school. 

Hydrotherapy is once a week, but due her many bouts of illnesses, we have had to stay away from school. 

Yesterday was the second time this year. 

And boy, was she happy to be in the water again. 

Besides the regular duck pedaling that she does, she's now added in vigorous upper body movements. Just this simple improvement brings me such joy. 

In the water, she comes alive, free of the weight of her limbs.

If Vera could tell us, what would she wish for? I'd reckon to swim every day, to be in her element. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog purely by chance. I am a stranger to you, but I can see how much you love Vera and how blessed she is to have you as parents. Even though I can see that it is immensely challenging for her and your family, I can also see the love that you have for each other including Daen. Just wanted to send some encouragement and affirmation your way and let you know that I was touched by this blog. God bless you all!