29 September 2011

Ph Impedance Study




We're back home after the 24-hour study. All went smoothly. Just a little vomitting of milk, which I'm sure is due to the tube irritating her throat.







Here is a close look. You can see the measuring "frets" I call them. I'm just happy it turned out to be a really thin tube and not too difficult to insert. I think it's probably a 06 size ng tube size or slightly smaller.


It was good that it was portable, so we could still bring her to the playground. NUH has a lovely open space next to the kids' ward. Here, Vera actually holds a smile until Daddy got the shot : )

Results in 2 weeks' time.

1 comments:

connie said...

May, do they take her off the reflux med for the study? I always wondered about that, because going off a med like that CAUSES reflux for awhile. I hope she isn't sick now, and that you get the information you need. And I can't believe how thin the probe was. I refused that test once when she had a difficult time after extubation, because I felt it was one more thing in her airway to make her struggle with breathing, and I wasn't going to give her a fundoplication (at that time), anyway. But I wonder if I would have thought differently about the test if I'd actually seen the thinness of the probe. I have always liked about your blog that you give really good explanations of things that Vera goes through (I'm thinking right now of the blow-by oxygen tubing toy, and the suctioning, and the g-button), and that you include pictures.