06 September 2011

Daen's Friends


Friends. That's what he calls them. All the children in this library book have Down Syndrome, and he absolutely adores them.

This girl here never fails to make him break into a smile.


I'm thinking, libraries should have much more of such books, so children learn from a young age about kids who are different from them and need extra help with everyday living. It should not be a rare book find.

I will try buy some of these books from Amazon to keep, they can help to educate Daen and kids who visit us.

I don't remember ever learning or hearing about special needs kids in my young, formative years. I didn't even know they existed.

Changes in societal attitudes stand the best chance of being changed through the very young.

1 comments:

Serene Ho said...

If you can find a sponsor, you can start writing cos you are great at this :)