24 July 2012

Major Milestone: Interacting with Toys!

Just a year ago, she'd not react to toys placed in front of her.

Now she actively touches them. AND looks at them curiously!

Vera continues to surpass our expectations of what she is capable of achieving.

At the four and a half year mark, we actually can tell that she is intentionally communicating with us and actively interacting with her surroundings and people near her.

Best of all, Vera is able to behave affectionately.

Never in my wildest dreams have I expected that this Trisomy 18 girl would develop to a stage where she is able to intentionally and repeatedly pull my face towards hers using both her hands, smiling at the feel of my face touching hers.

2 comments:

Hui Ming said...

She is a strong gal! I felt so happy reading this.

Clara said...

Haven't popped in for a long while, but woah! And yay! :D
Really heartening to read Vera's successes and how you/ Ian celebrate the little big-steps.
- Clara