19 May 2012

Off Day




Being in an industry notorious for long hours, I am lucky to be able to find a job that gives me the chance to work 4 days a week.

It is amazing what a regular weekday off can do for a mother's well-being.

It makes the whole role of juggling work and family that much more achievable.

You can see it on my face.

I get to spend it with Vera, spend it looking after them if they are sick, spend it on myself or with Ian. It's like someone handing you some cash every week and saying you can do whatever you want with it.

***

We're into the May flu season and we've all been hit to varying degrees. Vera has just come out of it, while Daen is still hacking away. Both have been staying away from school.

In fact, due to the prevalence of Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease, hydrotherapy lessons have been suspended, and that's the highlight of Vera's school activities. Hopefully the coming June holidays will break the spread of the epidemic.

I've been too caught up in work to document Vera's improvements. But I will, promise. Mostly, it's been in the vocalising department. We hear a lot more of her, besides complaining sounds, there are excitement sounds, and yakking sounds.

3 comments:

Susan Oloier said...

May, Those photos are simply lovely. I hope your household is feeling well soon.
Susan

Cathy said...

I am so sorry your family has been hit with the flu. Praying like you said, JUne will be wellness. I love the picture of you and Vera in the pool. Something Annabel and I don't do very ofter due to her central line.
Do you travel? Could I pay for you to come here and train Ananbel on the bi-pap. It sits by her bed unused. I wish I were so disciplined. Thank you for the updates. I was so excited when I sat down to read.

Unknown said...

May, you look radiant! I'm so glad that you are getting time to spend with your family! Even Vera looks so happy!