19 January 2012

It's Hard To Have A Happy Start to the Year


It's hard to have a Happy New Year.

Here's why. 

January is one of the worst months to start the new year. If I had a choice, I'd start the year with August, or September. Those are usually quiet, uneventful and relatively peaceful months. 

January is Major Anxiety Month. At least it's been for the last few years. 

January is when I had to deal with news of Vera 'having problems' in my tummy. 

January is when Vera fell sick, very sick with Pneumonia coming to 2, and I was making hospital rounds while very pregnant with Daen. 

January is when Vera fell sick again coming to 3 and did time again in hospital.

This January, as history would have it, is living up to its reputation.

I have been plagued by a persistent cough since December.

Daen was infected with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease after his first week, and first time, in Childcare. We've just spent one week dealing with it. 

Just when I was mentioning how lucky it was that Vera didn't pick it up from him (we had them strictly separated until he was fully well), she is sick. She vomitted four times after milk. Runny nose, fever. Please, just don't let it be HFMD.

As of now, it's back to separating them again. And a return to suctioning and lack of sleep.

There are two flu seasons: December - February. May - July. We're at the height of the former now. 

And to top it all off, in January there's 'Happy My Birthday', 'Happy Our Wedding Anniversary', and 'Happy Lunar New Year'. 

January's tough I tell ya.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if we have a specific Major Anxiety Month, but I tell you, we do have Major Anxiety Times, and I know what you mean. They are not fun! I pray that this isn't HFMD for Vera, and I pray that there's a lot more happy for the rest of this month! We need it!

Anonymous said...

非常心痛!我可以想像这个一月对你们来说有多艰难!
请你们大人一定要保重,这样才有精力照顾孩子们!
但愿Vera和Daen早日康复,她(他)们就像父母一样坚强!
Big hugs! ---Laura

JoAnnA said...

*Cheers*
Everything will turn out well. (",)
I understand what you meant by Major Anxiety month. Mine is in October.

Anonymous said...

Hi May, I've been a silent and avid follower of your blog of your amazing Vera and your handsome Daen for a couple of years now...I applaud you for all that you and your hubby have done and still doing for both your kids, especially for Vera, whom I always look forward to reading her progress updates. Now that it has been a week, and with that January anxiety month that you go through, I'm beginning to get a little anxious!! I hope everything is going well with all of you, and hope to read you soon! Gong Xi Fa Cai!! :)

Cathy said...

I think I would just remove january from my calendar. Wow you are so busy. Happy Birthday to you and Anniversary to your husband also. Happy almost birthday to sweet Vera. Four, wow just can believe. I am praying you all stay healthy and well.