07 February 2011

How Vera Laughs

Can Vera laugh? Yes.

She rarely does, so it's like striking gold. The last time she laughed was 8 months ago. Yes. 8 months.

This is what it sounds like.



The little porky responds so spontaneously to social interaction. It is clear that she knows we are trying to reach out to her. It is obvious that she enjoys it. Just like any normal kid.

When she vocalises her delight, she fills my heart with immeasurable joy.

This Trisomy 18 babe whom isn't even supposed to be alive, is sitting here giggling at my antics. The miracle of it isn't lost on me.

She is the one smiling, but we are the ones learning the meaning of true happiness.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

These words are so true: immeasurable joy, miracle, true meaning of happiness! I love the video, as I was smiling ear to ear as I watched.

Stephanie said...

Such a sweet sound! And look at her sitting so well!

Serene Ho said...

So cute :) she can sit so well now! So proud of her. Keep the videos coming!

Anonymous said...

Vera just made my day. It really is the true meaning of happiness, love it!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she has grown May. I can see how all the love you have given her has helped her develop - you are an inspiration!!

Lauren
xx