29 December 2008

Better Today

After 2 days of intensive care from my mom, Vera is better today. She stayed over and was a great help - a non-stop wailing baby that's inconsolable round-the-clock can REALLY get to you. It reached a point where I just said "I give up", handed her to my mom and went to sleep. At 6am in the morning.

The worst seems to be over. She smiled a little today. And started to stand in our arms. She's only vomitted once. Looks like she's on her way back to the Vera we know. Hooray for Mamas who come to the rescue!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad to learn that she vomitted once and squeeze a smile. That's her way of saying "Hang in there Momi".

Vera is a "Tough Toughen Cookie".... Yes, she is certainly on her way back to the Vera we know. Go!Go! Go Vera!

Praise God for answering our prayers.

Aunt Jacq

connie said...

So, does your mom want to adopt any more daughters? I would be very happy to have her help me at 6am!!

Penny said...

So sorry to hear about Vera's fall. Little ones outdo themselves and surprise us. I am so glad that she is feeling more herself and getting better. What a special little girl you have and what a wonderful Grandma!! Sometimes we all need Grandma to come to the rescue.
Continued prayers for your sweetheart.

Cathy said...

Just stopping by to see how you are doing. I hope all is well with sweet Vera and your family. I get worried when I don't see a post in a whild about her health!