19 February 2010

Sick Again

It baffles me how Vera can get sick so suddenly. And so soon after recovering from her pneumonia episode.

She's struggling with her secretions right now, having difficulty coughing them out. Suctioning doesn't seem to draw out much. Maybe I just don't know how to suction efficiently. It doesn't help that she cries blue murder and grits her teeth tenaciously.

Right now, we are just praying we will be able to control it at home with first line antibiotics - a different type this time from Amoxycilin which caused really bad diarrhoea - coupled with suctioning.

If it develops into something more serious (pneumonia again?!?), we may just find ourselves in hospital. On her birthday.

Please no.

I am tired. So is Ian. So is Beth.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Poor sweetheart..Praying you get better!!!!

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Brenda said...

If I could jump on a plane and fly there right now, I would.....I'd stay a week or two and try to give you all some much-needed rest but since I can't, I'm going to focus my prayers on all of you. Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

May,
did u seek help from sister rachel on suctioning? Vera will definitely be more comfy if the secretions can be suctioned out more often.

cheers
jae

Cathy said...

Oh May, I am so sorry for sweet Vera. I am not help with the suctioning thing. I can't do it for Annabel. I mean I can suction deep in her nose but I can bring that little cath down into the back of her throat down through her nostrils. Sometimes they bleed from such iritation. This is what happen in the hospital over and over. Praying for you that she doesn't have to go. Praying for all of your rest!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Vera... our little princess! You're 2 today!!

P/S: Am down with flu so can't visit you. Owe you 1 hug!!

Auntie Jamine