12 February 2010

In Time For Chinese New Year

Shoo off runny poo.

After almost a month of watery stools triggered by antibiotics, we finally get one day without any.

Dr D., Vera's respiratory doc, gave her Smecta - this is supposed to line the bowels with a protective layer, and Lacteol Fort - good bacteria. I know I said these didn't work while she was in hospital, but it's probably because she was still on antibiotics then. Now, they seem to be doing the trick. There's another diarrhoea fighter - Lacteol GG, but Dr D. explained that that was used for prevention and not when it's been prolonged.

So it looks like Vera's all set to celebrate Chinese New Year in 2 days' time. This is usually the event that the Chinese gear up for. But the start of the year has been so eventful that by now, all I feel like doing is holing up and resting (or nesting). I'm definitely getting more tired going into my 34th week. We don't even have anything planned for Vera's 2nd birthday, on the 22nd of February. (Yes she is turning 2!)

But we've already given her the best presents she can have:

Good sleep. Good doctors. Good teachers & therapists. Good caregiver.

January was crazy, but we got so much sorted out medically for Vera that I'm thankful we went through what we did.

What started as a horrible lung infection turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that Vera is doing better. And I can't believe you are 34 weeks along! Nor can I believe that Vera will be two in a few weeks! How wonderful!

Annie said...

God bless all of these wonderful doctors and caregivers. It is really something how the care provided to the t13/18s seems to be one extreme or the other all over the world, even within countries.

I don't know the rhyme or reason of it. It is certain that you are so right to be grateful for it.

I am thrilled by this positive news for Vera.

Jillian said...

I'm so glad that she's doing better. Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family!

Cathy said...

I am so happy that much was helped with her hospital stay. I am so glad that she, you and Ian can get rest. It is so hard to believe she will be two! Praying for your health and the delivery in a few weeks of a very healthy baby.

Serene Ho said...

Yay!! yay!! So happy that now you can have a wonderful celebration! Happy Lunar New Year to you and family May! Hugs and kisses to Vera (another February child to add to Jonathan's list of the birthday-in-same-month friends)!