19 October 2008

Nightmare

Last night, I dreamt that Vera died. I know I shouldn't be talking about such stuff, but this is an honest blog of the good, the bad and the ugly, so.

It was so real. She was like she looked at about 2 months old, still thin and small. We were at the hospital for a routine check and it just happened. I cried like crazy in the dream. I remember regaining composure, then breaking down again. Crying in your dream is very tiring. You can't control or stop it. The only way to get out of a nightmare is if something jolts you out of sleep.

And that was Vera making noise. You can imagine my relief upon seeing her sleeping next to me. Things may be going well for her now, but you know, the dark dreams are never far away.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

i have had those dreams...they leave you shaken for quite a while don't they?
kaiya sleeps on a different level of the house from me now, so i can't just wake up and hear her breathing to be comforted. so some nights you might hear me stumble out of my bed and down the stairs just to make sure the little princess is still sleeping soundly in her bed. and sometimes i don't have to stumble out of my bed b/c i can hear her giggling and playing when she should be sleeping :)
still, those dreams stay with you.

Cathy said...

So sorry for the NIGHTMARE! So glad it was just a dream but still it is unsettling. Praising that she is doing good now.