20 June 2012

Angel Vera K

Vera K
22 March 2011 - 19 June 2012
Vera K, the other Vera in Singapore with Trisomy 18, grew her wings yesterday, passing peacefully in her mother's arms. She lived 15 months. Now, our Vera will have lost another of her friends who she has just met last Sept.

When we attended her funeral in a peaceful Danish church, I stared so long at her in her crib - she looked like she was merely asleep. I will never forget those big doe eyes which she got from her mother.

"And with a smile she carries all my cares away."
                                                           - Anonymous

Though her stay was brief, she touched the lives of those she was gifted to. Our Trisomy 18 children speak not a word, yet teach us volumes about miracles, strength, weakness, pain, joy, acceptance and unconditional love. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been a silent reader till today. I am sorry to hear about the loss of a beautiful girl. Thank you for sharing your life and Vera's through this blog. No mother should ever have to lose a child. I pray that you will find comfort in knowing that you will see her again in heaven. Pauline

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Vera with us. She was a gorgeous lil girl. Here pictures always made me smile. Its so hard to believe she is gone. I will be praying for comfort for the family during this rough time. Gone but not forgotten.
Melanie Melton-Dann

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful girl and so sad to hear this news. Some children are too here only on loan and too precious to keep.

Barb

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I came across the blog a couple of years ago and like the first comment, been a silent reader. You both have been an amazing parents. Have faith in everything ok.

Anonymous said...

Dear May and Ian, thank you for your support in our T18 journey with our little Vera K. Its like yesterday she was still here, and I am feel too pain to breathe. We released 15 birds at botanic garden for her 15months life. We decided we will do this every year on 19th of June for her memory. We are leaving to an island to find some peace in next week. Will try to meet you and return the things that you supported us after we back.
My hand phone was broken, I changed one but all numbers gone( my phone still same number). Please let me know your hp no. when you free, thanks! Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi, may I know the brand of Vera's feeding cum bath chair?

Anonymous said...

Test message