28 October 2011

Back To Work

Just as quickly as I had left adland (to care for Vera), I'm back into it again.

The difference in routine is marked.

And I would say, working is less tiring than staying home.

I sit in air-con comfort, have free-flow of cappucinos, chat and think of ideas, have yummy fare for lunch.

Compared to:

Push Daen out to buy groceries. Feed breakfast. Watch him at playground.
Bring him back for lunch.
Take Vera out for sun, standing therapy.
Bring her back for bath.
Put Daen to sleep.
More therapy with Vera.
Daen wakes push Daen out to play.
Bring him back for dinner.
Push Vera out for evening stroll and more standing.
Come back put Daen to sleep.

I miss all of it. But I'm glad I got the chance to do it all.

I hope Daen has grown enough to find his own feet, and will get used to not having me on demand. Not that he's ever been clingy that sweet boy.

Vera? I now see her for less than 3 hours a day.

I'm trying hard to convince myself that this is normal, many parents are in these shoes, and I'm not neglecting my kids.

2 comments:

pyjamas said...

It's very hard! And I'm constantly wrecked by guilt, especially on bad days. But gotta do what we gotta do. JIA YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hey there May, I miss your posts!!! I hope work isn't draining you, I imagine there are some things you must miss about home... Give our love to Vera, I miss her weekly (or so) happenings- I always find your posts so inspiring and motivational. And intelligent, reflective and philosophical. Also, I really do hope you are enjoying being back in the big wide world! I know I would. Take care! Love, Cara (mum to Vivi Rose, 22 mths, FT18; Audrey, 5 yrs)