28 August 2008

A Magic Moment

I’m sure every mom has one: A moment in which they feel truly connected to their baby.

For me, this is when Vera finally calms down after a bout of wailing. After I’ve bounced her enough on my pocket-spring bed (to the detriment of my spine). Her body becomes lax, her face presses against my chest and she’ll have this faraway look in her eyes. From my top-down view, I see her long eye-lashes and beautiful left eye. In the warm glow of the incandescent bedroom lamp, the view is almost mesmerizing.

“She feels me, and is content” I’d think to myself. Then, I consciously register the moment into my collection of Vera-memories. No diagnosis, prognosis, nor final analysis can take these away from me.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

So happy for your "Magic Moment."
Praying that they will find the cause of the hypertension.