01 May 2013

Labour Day, Literally


Labour Day...and we've got our work cut out for us.

Vera is sick. Fever last at 40 degrees C. She's having the chills. The greenish goo is unstoppable.

Daen had been sickish for the last two weeks with a persistent runny nose. I thought it was Allergic Rhinitis because he wasn't exactly sick. I let my guard down, thinking Vera was stronger now, and wouldn't catch it.

Anyway, it is inevitable. Kid A gets a bug from school, comes home and passes it to Kid B.

In the wee hours of the morning, I fumble to set up the works: Oxygen machine, Nebuliser, suction machine. The suction cycle begins again, every 3-4 hourly in the first few days. Beth and I know the drill - our well-worn hands have memorised it. Except that now, Vera has grown stronger and holding her down is increasingly difficult.

Let's hope she takes a turn for the better tomorrow, else it's to the hospital we go.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am so sorry she is ill. Praying that she will get better so that you can avoid the hospital!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope Vera doesn't have to go to the hospital. Hoping she takes a turn for the better tomorrow.